Thursday, October 16, 2008

Shopping

I hate that sometimes I shop to make myself feel better. Not "big time shopping" though. Not like the shopping that people who have the "spending disease" do.

Yesterday, because I was upset by something that was not within my control, and really was not about me at all.....I bought some plants. On my way home from work I passed the florist on my corner and noticed that he had a whole bunch of Boston ferns outside...they were really nice and full and green. I was surprised to find that they were only $10 each, so......of course I bought two. My arms were pretty full of work stuff, so I had to make two trips to get them. When I got home and took them out of the plastic they had been wrapped in............they were the size of flippin' bushes! They're HUGE. The one in my living room takes up the space of a small chair. Although my bedroom pretty much has nothing but my bed in it, so that bush doesn't look as big as it really is. I need a tall person to come over and help me figure out how to hang them up. I have to find a tall person.

Tonight after work I bought a cookie sheet....in case I feel like making cookies, two bottles of wine, a Yellow Tail Reisling and Spring Splendor, by Pindar. It's a good thing I'm not a drinker, or having two bottles of wine might be a problem. From the liquor store I went to the corner fruit and veggie market and bought a bunch of bananas and some raspberries, and then went into Lety's, the very nice bakery/coffee shop in my neighborhood and bought some of those really hard-as-rocks cookies that you need to dip in something hot in order to eat.

Not what one would call a "comfort spending spree" probably, but somewhat comforting for me.

No comments: