Wednesday, February 14, 2007

V-Day

I am not having a good day. Why would V-Day three years later, have any effect on me? I started anticipating trying not to pay attention to it yesterday. It was never really a big deal when I was married, so why should it be one now that I’m not. I imagine it’s just my overall feeling of discontent.

This was my day today:

*My normal half hour drive to work took almost an hour due to icy road conditions. I hate to drive in ice and snow.
*While working in my lovely office, with my candle warmer nicely warming my Warm Vanilla Sugar scented candle, I detected a weird, foreign smell, yet could not exactly place it. I ventured out into the main part of the office to find one of the women who works for me cleaning up three piles of dog poop. She has taken to bringing her dog to work from time to time. It is a very relaxed office atmosphere, but I am now drawing the line. (This is not like bringing one of your children to hang out for few hours because school is not in session or the baby sitter canceled. We are very accommodating that way.) Her explanation was, “he must be nervous.” After she left, I somehow managed to step in a very small spot that she missed and get it on my very nice pink sneaker. I then had to go outside in the wind, rain and slush in order to get it off my shoe.
*The highlight of the day……going next door to get a piece of pizza with one of my co-workers, and the owner, a lovely Italian gentleman, giving each of us a red rose. Right now it’s in a glass on the windowsill in the kitchen.
*Another highlight of the day…..having the agency close at 2:15 due to weather.
*While sitting on the couch earlier with my laptop, having the brother that I live with, ask me not to sit there after 9:30 because I’m right above his bedroom and I’m disturbing his sleep. This from a man that you have to constantly repeat things for because he didn’t hear you. What the f*** is this about?! I sit on the couch, typing on a laptop. I am not talking on the phone above him, I am not watching television. I am sitting and quite honestly barely moving, other than to get up, unplug and relocate myself to my room around 10. Do you have any idea what it’s like to always have to be “in your room?” I have got to get a place of my own to live in. Where I can sit quietly on a couch at night without someone complaining that I’m making too much noise!! This really has me freaked out and sent me back to the want ads…to no avail again tonight.
*Walking into the bathroom and finding yet another pile of dog poop, this one left by my niece's dog who was upstairs running around and felt the need to take a crap. At least he did it in the bathroom. My second encounter with dog poop in one day.

*Retiring to my bedroom at 7:00 to find that my TV is no longer working. This is the point at which I was ready to cry. It’s not as if I watch a lot of TV. Quite honestly, I use it as background noise and I do like to watch the 11:00 news. And now I can’t. I will have to suck it up and call someone to come in a fix the damn thing.

Thank God the day is almost over. I’ll read. I don’t imagine that much more can happen, or not happen as the case may be. I hate when I feel so pissy. It’s happening a lot lately. People are going to stop reading me if I can't get back to being just a little more entertaining.

Happy Wednesday everyone…..

No comments: