Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Bruce on WAR

“In 1985, blind faith in your leaders, or in anything, will get you killed.” These words were spoken by Bruce Springsteen just as he launched into the Vietnam era protest song, “WAR,” by Edwin Starr. Although not originally written as a war protest song, it was adopted by college students in the early 1970’s and became an anthem, along with many others of that time.

How prophetic was Bruce twenty years ago? I wonder if he remembers saying those words. Never one to consider myself an activist, I can’t help but feel that we were *blindly led* into this war by George W. and his cronies. In this new life of mine, I have a lot of opinions, some that people will agree with, and some not. Partially it’s our fault for believing his line of bullshit. Traumatized by 9/11, with our grieving psyches collectively sucked into this administrations web of lies, many of us bought the bullshit. I did, at least for a short time.


“The next time they’re gonna be looking at you and you’re gonna need a lot of information in order to know what to do,”
said Bruce. Well, it’s not us that they looked at, it’s our children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its my child,my son,my soldier,my hero...... It's OUR CHILDREN.
STOP THE WAR